Tuesday 10 April 2012

Nearing the End

As I get closer and closer to completing this piece, it becomes harder and harder to see my own mistakes and places where I could possibly fix what I have already written. The hours and hours I've spent staring at my screen trying to write have left me feeling like I have not control over the piece anymore. The piece is about four and a half minutes at this point, but it still feels like I'm so far from actually getting it done. I feel that now I just need to finish the piece and be done with it!

Here are the last few comments from my last presentation of the piece:
  • Keep going with the interjections in section “H”.
  • There is a part of the “G” section where the vibes are exposed, perhaps use this sound more often as it has a very distinct character.
  • The vibes throughout could stand out more, so maybe write them at a slightly louder dynamic than what my intentions are so that they break through the rest of the ensemble.
  • Use the vibes to articulate/attack certain notes where another instrument will be responsible for the sustain underneath.
  • Use dynamic marks for the swells used in “H”
  • Perhaps use the First and Second sections juxtaposed as a way to end the piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment