Sunday 1 April 2012

Sketch #3 (Week 4)

For my last piano piece, I wanted to write something extremely tonal (as opposed to using an extended tonal resource, or lack there of, like my other pieces). The basic idea is an ostinato figure in the bass that shifts the listener's perception of the metre from 3/4 to 6/8, along with melodic lines that put the emphasis on offbeats, swaying the perceived metre even further.


Suggestions:
  • Rethink the accents used in the left hand
  • Use more notes outside of the key like in section B.
  • Introduce those notes earlier on in the melody.
  • In the third section, I could put a third voice on the top, giving that voice those off notes.
  • Use polyrhythms in the third section to further emphasize my intentions of the perceived metre.
  • In the third section, using a scattered low note an octave below the bass every now and then will give even further emphasis on those beats, even FURTHER emphasizing my intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment